A Glass of SuSu a Day Keeps The Doc Away

Travel the windy road into the muddled mind of a psychology graduate student in the day, reality show addict in my spare time and an alcohol junkie in the night. :) I am a confused pessismistic soul waiting for enlightenment, an asian feminist at heart and a travel journalist in my dreams.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Can your brain rot due to boredom?

To prove to you how bored I really am I'll admit this -- I'm rereading Harry Potter The Order of the Phoenix again right after I've read the whole book and also Harry Potter The Half-Blood Prince since I got back.

Seriously, the government should work on making books more available for the wider public. And I'm talking not only about the availability but also the variety of books. I've tried looking for Marian Keyes and Sophie Kinsella in our Penang public library to no avail. Thus, I'm taking a guess that they won't have The Last Templar nor I am Charlotte Simmons. I'm not really into books that are the profound and life-reflecting sort but those that are good for an afternoon at home while sipping coffee. Buying books is of course out of the question since one costs like 35 ringgit on average. How can I, an unemployed whose butt is glued to the couch everyday fork out that much every week? :P sigh

I can't wait to fly back to US and explore my new town's public library. West Lafayette's (home to Purdue University) library was awesome! Double-story building with floor-to-ceiling glass windows, carpeted reading rooms with big, comfy couches, Macintosh for anyone's usage and clean bathrooms. They even have DVDs! Sigh...I need a new activity. Suggestions?

CrispAds Blog Ads

2 Comments:

Blogger chiaxiang said...

Knock Knock.....great post!!!

8:55 PM  
Blogger SuChuen said...

thank you :) i need books to read!

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home